April 11, 2012

12 weeks to go

We tried our new recipes for the week and the results are in.
The Loaded Carbonara had a lot of flavor and we really liked it.
The Flank Steak was good, but I really liked the balsamic recipe from the week before better. The potatoes were good, but nobody really cared for the green beans.
The Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas were made with blue cheese and we really didn't like them at all.
I never got around to making the chocolate pie, so I still need to do that one when I find them time. This week we are trying
Spaghetti with Summer Vegetable Sauce
Orange-Glazed Pork Medallions
and Garlicky Potato Soup with Parmesan Toasts.
 
Now for our updates: Danny is still working his butt off and has quite a few projects coming up. Kleyn is doing great with his reading and has gotten 100% on all of his reading tests except for one. Kaleb tried 9 different vegetables in preschool today and liked 5 of them. Dannika hasn't been feeling well, so we're just trying to get her better. I guess the more kids I have the harder it is to keep them all healthy at the same time, but man I am tired of at least one of us always being sick. It's exhausting! I had my 28 week appointment and everything looks good. Annistyn is growing, we heard her heartbeat, and I am just counting down the weeks until she gets here.
We are getting ready for t-ball this year and I'm really excited. I wish that I could be a little bit more involved with the coaching, but as it is, I will just be on the sidelines and in the background helping out as much as I can. It looks like we will have a great team again this year and we might even be able to start up another younger team. I wasn't going to worry about making up a team for Kaleb until next year, but if we have enough people interested he will get to start this year. I love that they have something to be involved with in the summer.

2 comments:

Dad said...

bleu cheese would destroy any good recipe.
Thanks for the update.

jayme said...

Remind Danny that I am bringing my car to him the end of May. We are headed up on the 25th for the reunion then after that we can stay for a little while. It has that leak(I think it was the water pump. Can that be fixed without replacing the whole thing?), the rotors seem to be going out (can they just be machined?) and if my money isn't all gone yet, the brakes squeak so it would be nice to get that fixed :)