December 14, 2011

Out with the old and in with the...well...not really new.

Danny keeps bringing home stray stuff. I keep thinking that I need to de-clutter and get rid of "stuff". I guess it's just the cycle, but seriously it's getting to me this Christmas. I still don't have our tree up. I have piles of things that aren't mine, that I want to get rid of, and that I want to keep, but have nowhere to put. I've decided I'm going to lock the most important things in one room and then let someone come in and take everything else. I know that won't happen, but it sounded really good right at this moment.
He brought home this giant thing that replaced the mirror that was on my dresser. I don't really mind, but it's definitely not very conducive to sleep.
He also brought home a new monitor for our desktop, which is nice, but frustrating to the girl that can't figure out how to get the pictures on her blog to stop looking all squatted because the monitor is twice as wide now. Kleyn has more room on his school desk because of a flat monitor, though, so I know that will help him.
Lysha's table is leaning on the back of my couch by the front door and it's definitely in the way, but there's not really a better place for it at the moment. My kids are loving the fact that Aunt Lysha is getting married, though. The UPS and FedEx trucks keep showing up with their Christmas presents and her wedding presents.
Then there's all the bathroom stuff which is not really a bad thing, but it sure takes up a lot of space. Danny is working really hard, though, and I have to go order the tile so we can really get things going. I'm excited about that, but I have a block about doing that myself. I don't like going into home improvement stores without Danny.
 
After the sheet rock
I'm still trying to figure out how to get everything done, but for this week, school is still the most important.
And here's a couple pictures of the fun Dannika had with her dinner.

1 comment:

Amy said...

The bathroom is looking great! i know how frustrating clutter can be :( so sorry. We look forward to seeing you guys soon :)