March 23, 2010

Another month

Where does it go?
We have had a little bit of a busy month, even though it's not nearly as busy as most of you. :)
We went to Arco for my sister Stephanie's choir concert. I helped my mom play one of the songs and turned her pages. The kids had a fun night hanging out with their Uncle Matt. Kleyn keeps telling me that he wants to go back so he can show me Uncle Matt's games. He had so much fun. We stayed over at Grandma Morgan's house and watched Where the Wild Things Are. I can say I'm not a huge fan of the movie. Danny would say that the book was stupid, too, so what did I expect? I just didn't like the spin they put on it.
The next week was spent trying to get everything cleaned, organized, put away, and dusted (which I never do) to get ready for a luncheon I hosted on Friday. I didn't realize until after it was all done how long it has been since my house has been completely clean. (Technically it still wasn't because I put a lot of things on the back porch that I just didn't around to and my room is still a mess. In my defense, there is no closet space in that room and nowhere to put all of my clothes and all of Danny's magazines!) I have been in kind of a winter slump and didn't realize how down I was until I had a clean house and didn't have to find motivation to get anything done. I spent two hours with some wonderful ladies eating and talking, got to take a nap with my kids, spent an hour on the couch reading to them, and then we had leftovers for dinner so I didn't even have to mess up my kitchen cooking dinner.
There was a primary activity that I forgot about until my neighbor called saying she had just dropped off her kids. By that time Sonic X was on and Kleyn was glued to it and said he didn't want to go. I should have picked that battle and gotten him there because he would have had fun, but I really didn't want to take a screaming kid into the church to an activity that they had already started and make a big scene. I hope they aren't too disspointed in me.
I sang Come Thou Fount in church on Sunday and it went really well. My mom came over and played for me, so that was nice. Everyone loved that Kaleb tried to follow me up to the stand. I didn't even notice, but I guess Danny had to chase him down. I didn't quite make Danny cry and of course he pointed out the one mistake I made at the beginning of the song. :) I love singing, though, and I really miss it. I don't get to sing enough.
Kleyn has been really curious about a lot of things lately. He asked me last night why Jesus made mice and spiders. Then why He made the lightbulbs and the fan and why the fan in my room looks like a man because it has a head, arms, and legs. (The fan in our room has five blades as apposed to the fan in the tv room that only has four.) He also asked me a couple questions that I don't think everyone would think appropriate on a blog, but I thought they were pretty funny, too. Kleyn is also getting more and moreinterested in the computer. He wants to know why he can't play typing games yet. He gets a little bit dramatic when I tell him that he has already had his time on the computer and we need to do something else. He starts getting all pouty and tells me that he's board with his toys and his books and his crayons and everything else and that he needs to play his computer games because they are good for him. It's pretty cute if I don't think about the tantrum that is to follow.
Kaleb is starting his terrible twos a little late, but they are definitely here. He really doesn't like the time out chair, but he is testing his physical ability to overpower others and defend his own toys. He has definitely got a hold on the word "NO" and is picking up on a few of Kleyns ideas on how to act when he's in trouble. He has one of the most amazing laughs, though. I love listening to him when he finds something genuinely funny. He is still having accidents once in a while, but he's doing great with the potty training thing. He can do everything by himself, I just have to make sure and remind him that he needs to go every few hours. I think he gets to busy playing and forgets.
Dannika is holding herself up on her hands while she's on her tummy and when she sees something she really wants to go after it. She gets really frustrated when she lets her arms relax and all that happens is she rolls on her round little belly. She'll be army crawling before I know it. I can't believe how big she's getting. According to our scale, she's around 15 lbs, but we'll see for sure at her doctor's appointment on Thursday. I think she's having a growth spurt because she has been sleeping a whole lot in the last two days. She is eating two jars of vegetables every day and sometimes cereal when she's fussy and just not full enough. She is still nursing, so that's good, but she loves food and stares intently whenever anyone has something moving towards their mouths. She is very curious about everything around her and loves playing with her and mommy's hair. She is facsinated with Danny's facial hair as well.
Danny's got spring break this week, so he's home after work and is glad to have a little break. He started back at Performance this last week and is loving it. He says he has only been working on race stuff and hasn't even touched anything stock since he's been there. I can tell he's happier. He's so excited to be doing what he has always wanted to do. Now I just have to keep him interested in school. :)
I have a few more pictures, but they aren't on the computer yet, so that will have to wait until I have time to download them. For now this will have to do because my little girl just woke up. :)

3 comments:

shells said...

ummm .. pictures?

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

Ummmm...I said I have pictures but they aren't on the computer. You'll have to wait until I have time. :P

Amy said...

:) Things sound like they are going well. I suppose the next time we'll see you all is around the reunion.