June 5, 2009

What's the difference?

I think my pain meter is messed up. For me, the worst things about pregnancies so far have been throwing up (nobody mentioned to me it might happen when I went into labor with Kleyn, but I hate throwing up and doing it while you're in labor is exceptionally gross and painful) and charlie horses. I don't know why, but I just can't handle them. When you wake up with either of your legs spasming and you can't control it and if you move even a fraction in any direction they either keep going and get stronger or they start all over again, I just can't handle the pain. I don't know why labor pains are so different for me, but I can handle that. Both times I have been in the hospital, the nurses thought I was crazy for doing it with only pain medication, but I guess my fear of needles far outweighs what I perceive to be painful during labor. I guess my fear meter is messed up as well.
I just have to say that Danny is awesome and I feel really bad that his wife is a pansy. I'm sure it didn't help his day any when I called at 8 because I woke up with really bad charlie horses and I was screaming before he even answered the phone. He just kept telling me that he couldn't understand me and when he finally could, he told me I should call his mom because he has never had charlie horses before. I shouldn't have bothered him at work, but I'm glad he puts up with me. :)
Now I am having a Great Harvest peanut butter chocolate chip cookie for breakfast because I finally used my gift card (thanks again Kira), and sometimes it's good to have a cookie for breakfast.

4 comments:

jayme said...

The fastest way to get rid of a charlie horse sounds really crazy, but you have to pull your toes toward you. Not point them. Stretch the muscle out. When I would wake up with them I had to wake Ben up to do it for me. It hurts a little more, but it goes away a lot faster. Hope it helps!

Krystal said...

I'm sorry you were having charlie horses- those are WAY TOO PAINFUL! You are not a pansy either! You delivered your babies with just pain meds- You are A SUPER MOM :) And I think you're awesome!

shells said...

Its ALWAYS good to have a cookie for breakfast, unless you fit into your normal jeans this morning. Then its best to stay on your diet! :)

BUT PREGGERS .. you deserve it. Have a cookie! Have two! I LOVE YOU!

Derek and Christi said...

No pregnant woman is a pansy! Give yourself a pat on the back and eat a cookie.. or one more. PS- I know that your first comment already says this, but you need to point your heel when you get a charlie horse, and when you stretch in the middle of the night, don't point your toes! Point your heel. From one pregnant woman to another, enjoy!