I actually kept a secret! :) Danny woke up this morning because our neighbor brought down the camp cooker that I bought him at the beginning of the month. I did call him when I found it and asked him about it, but because our neighbors were nice enough to help me get it out of my car and store it in their garage for a few weeks, he wasn't sure if I had actually bought it or not. He's all excited and really wants to go camping now. We got a cast iron pizza pan last summer, so he really wants to try it out and make pizza tonight. I love seeing his face when he gets excited. This gift even earned a call to his dad to tell him what he got. :)
I was supposed to talk in church, but because of time, I ended up only playing for the choir. I had mixed feelings, because I was really excited about the chance to get up and tell Danny how much I appreciate him as the father of our children, but I was also very scared and nervous and felt like nobody would want to hear what I had to say. When they excused me from speaking, I just handed my talk to Danny so he could read it because it was mostly for his benefit anyway.
I'm so glad that Danny is a part of my life and I'm so glad that he's such a good dad. My favorite part of the day is when the boys are jumping up and down screaming because they heard the garage door open and they know daddy's home.
I hope all you wonderful men out there have an awesome Father's Day!
May Photo Dump
2 years ago
2 comments:
aw thats so sweet :D
well done on keeping a secret. not your strongest attribute so I am proud of you! AND i am glad he liked it. Even though, if he wouldn't have .. I would have gotten to see you again sooner. Speaking of .. let me know about Friday the 3rd
Post a Comment