My sister Shells keeps telling me that she doesn't like it when I don't update often because she doesn't know what the boys are up to on a daily basis. Here's the scoop for yesterday Shells. My neighbor and I went visiting teaching and then the boys and I hung out at her house most of the day. Kaleb fell asleep on the couch almost as soon as we got home, so Kleyn and I read some books and then fell asleep on my bed watching Curious George. Kaleb woke up when Danny got home at 7 and we all went out to check on the chicks and see what we need to do for them. They are getting so big and they need to get out of the little cage they are in. I always keep an eye on that dang rooster because he creeps me out, but Danny doesn't seem to mind. Just as Kaleb was getting ready to head out of the coop and he had his back to the rooster, it attacked him. Danny kicked it away from Kaleb, but it almost got out of the coop. Beau was at the door when Kaleb started crying and made sure the rooster was far away from him. Kaleb's really going to miss that dog. He had a winter coat on and the hood was up, so he wasn't hurt at all. It freaked me out, though, because he was crying pretty good. Doesn't really make me like the rooster any more.
We came in for a little bit, but then Lysha was pushing Danny to help her work on her truck, so we were going to head back outside. Kleyn woke up and was super needy, so we were trying to calm him down and get him excited about going outside when we realized Kaleb had jumped the gun and was already out there. I thought Lysha had gone outside because I couldn't see her, but she had actually gone downstairs to change. By the time we got Kleyn all set Kaleb had wandered half way to the neighbors house on the road. Luckily no cars had gone by, but there was one turning onto our road just as I was getting to him. He saw the car, turned around, and started running back to me. He had his coat in his hands, but it wasn't on, so his little arms were freezing. I guess he heard the word outside and just wanted to go without us...either that or I'm already driving my kids to running away. ;)
I didn't realize how long they were out there working on the truck, so we didn't get the boys to bed until after 11, but they had fun hanging out with their Dad and Aunt Lysha outside.
I hope this was a sufficient update for you Shells, and I'll let you know what adventures we have today. ;)
May Photo Dump
2 years ago
3 comments:
I have the same problem with Hyrum. I constantly find him in the front yard. Fortunately the front door has springs in the hinges so it closes by itself.I can hear it slam so I know something is up. Once all he had on was his underwear and a backpack. when I told him to come inside he said he had to go to school.
oh man. i'm so not looking forward to that! i know little girls are high maintenence, but boys are just trouble! what have i gotten myself into?!?! :)
Yeah I never liked the roosters either. I remember when our dad would let them wander around free outside and one attacked Danny and knocked him to the ground. I always took a stick with me into the coop.
Post a Comment