
Kaleb was due on July 2nd, 2007. We had a doctors appointment on the 3rd and he still wasn't here. The doctor said we could wait another week and then he would start me or we could go to the hospital right then and get started. Danny was with me at the doctors appointment,
so of course he said we would go right now. He's not very patient when it comes to waiting for his kids. I was a little bit nervous because I knew when the baby was coming. I don't know why it was so different than going in in the middle of the night, but it was.
I called my mom and told her to get on her way and then we went in to a waiting room so the nurses could clean up a room. We sat there for a while and the longer we sat, the more nervous I got. I started to cry when a nurse came in and she was a little bit alarmed at the tears rolling down my face.
When I told her I was just scared she thought I was a little bit silly, but I got over it. They started me a little bit after 12 and Kaleb was born at 4:25. I was really nervous that my mom wasn't going to make it to hold my hand, but she got there at about 4.
It seemed to be a lot easier than it was with Kleyn and I wasn't nearly as tired. Danny's buddies brought us pizza and my dad brought Kleyn to meet his new brother. We stayed in the hospital for two days this time, which was nice because of the air conditioning,
but I was really ready to go home after one day. I was bummed also because Danny went home with Kleyn and my mom instead of staying with me. I wanted to go home with my boys.
Kaleb weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. and was 22 inches long. The doctor said he was the biggest baby he had delivered that day. He lost a little bit too much weight that first day, so the doctors said they were going to keep an eye on him. The next day he was back up, though, so they reassured me that he was fine.

Danny was a little bit nervous about Kaleb because his head was shaped really weird. The doctor said it was because he came through the birth canal so fast and that it would be normal in a few days.
1 comment:
I just love you and your cute little family! That picture of the boys opening chocolate bunnies is just precious. And thank you so much for your sweet words! I have had pretty much the worst three weeks ever and I am just grateful for a friend like you that can make me feel better about life and about myself. I love you forever! Thanks so much!
Post a Comment